![]() |
| Jessie Mueller stars as Jenna in the new musical, Waitress. Photo Credit: BroadwayWorld |
This musical will mark Bareilles' debut as a Broadway composer even though she is no stranger to show business. She has been nominated for a Grammy five times in the past six years and has had multiple hits on the Billboard Top 100 chart.
The musical also gained attention when it was announced that Tony Award winner Jessie Mueller would take on the lead role of Jenna. Mueller won a Tony for her portrayal of Carole King in the Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.
The show is an adaptation of the movie Waitress that starred Keri Russell. It tells the story of Jenna, a waitress who is extremely skilled at making pies and could go onto stardom in a pie contest if she weren't stuck in a loveless marriage. With the help of her friends and the town's new doctor, Jenna just might have a shot.
I am so excited to see this musical when it opens. I have always loved the movie and I cannot wait to see how it is adapted onstage. I am also a big fan of Mueller and know that she will be great in the lead role.
Bareilles has released one song from the show but I have avoided listening to it. I really want to go into this show fresh considering I have already seen the movie. I want the first time I hear the songs to be when I am actually sitting down in the theater.
I have seen pictures of the show from its pre-Broadway tryouts and it looks amazing in my opinion. The costumes and set are spot on and I am dying to see it all put together on the Great White Way!
Break Legs,
Sydney

No comments:
Post a Comment