![]() |
| Kristen Beth Williams (Sibella), Kevin Massey (Monty) and Adrienne Eller (Phoebe) star in the tour of A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. Photo Credit:The News and Observer |
She bought us tickets to see the tour of A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder in October. I could have screamed.
I saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder on Broadway with the original cast shortly after it won the Tony for Best Musical. I loved every minute of it.
So of course I thought that this was one of the best birthday presents ever.
A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder tells the story of Monty Navarro who finds out he is in line to be the next Earl. The only problem is that there are eight people ahead of him.
![]() |
| We were so excited! Photo Credit: Sydney Cheuvront |
The show's big gimmick is that one actor plays the eight people Monty needs to kill so fast costume changes and character switches ensue.
I counted down the days until we were going to go see it and finally the day arrived.
We found our seats at the Durham Performing Arts Center and impatiently waited for the lights to dim and the orchestra to start playing.
The show started and I have to say it was of the same caliber as Broadway. Everything looked the same and the cast was fantastic.
I forgot that I wasn't actually at a Broadway theater like I was a year and a half ago.
I wish we could have stayed to meet the cast but we had to get back to campus.
I don't know how many times I can thank my big for giving me the best birthday ever.
To see if the tour is coming to your town, click here.
Go see it!
Break Legs,
Sydney


No comments:
Post a Comment