![]() |
| Nunsense is a great show for everyone! Photo Credit: StagePlays |
I discovered this musical right before my senior year of high school. I watched the entire thing on Youtube from when they filmed the original Off-Broadway cast that starred Rue McClanahan as Mother Superior.
This show tells the story of five nuns who, after a cooking incident that killed 52 nuns, need to raise money to bury the remaining four nuns that they are keeping in the freezer. Mother Superior decides to put on a show in order to get the funds.
I think what makes this show so funny is that no one expects a show about nuns to be entertaining, so it is a surprise when pretty much every song brings laughter.
The production at High Point was amazing. The show is pretty challenging to do, even though there are only five cast members. There are a lot of lines, songs and especially harmonies to learn. But the five actresses pulled it off beautifully.
Each woman was and is extremely talented and really became her character. While none of the ladies are actually nuns, they made it very believable.
The set looked amazing and made me really believe that I was in a grade school auditorium. The show really uses the entire set which worked in a small area like the Empty Space Theater.
The songs are very catchy, especially the opener, "Nunsense is Habit-Forming," and the finale, "Holier than Thou." I left the show with these songs stuck in my head.
I highly recommend this show to anyone on campus. Too bad it is already sold out!
Break Legs,
Sydney

No comments:
Post a Comment