Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Shows I'm Excited for in the New Year

2018 means new resolutions, new relationships and new reaffirmations.  But what I am most excited for is new shows premiering on Broadway or looking for a theater.  Here is a list of what I am looking forward to.

1) Pretty Woman

Pretty Woman is one of my favorite movies so seeing it onstage would be a dream come true.  Samantha Barks is going to be a great Vivian and I would love to see Orfeh's return to the Great Legally Blonde, Orfeh!
White Way.  I've missed you since

2) Beaches


Another one of my favorite movies is (hopefully) making it to the Great White Way.  I fell in love with this story after randomly stumbling upon it when I was in high school.  I ended up sobbing at the ending and rewatching multiple times.  I cannot imagine anyone but Shoshana Bean playing Bette
Midler's role and hope that this show makes it on Broadway or at least tours near my town.  I'm praying to Saint Genesius for this one.

3) Mean Girls

Who doesn't want to see this classic teen flick amplified by song and dance?  I've heard great things about this show's out-of-town tryout and I hope I get the chance to see it once it opens in a few months.  I've also been a huge fan of Kate Rockwell since I saw her in Rock of Ages so seeing her take on the role of Karen would be icing on top of the already sweet cake.


4) King Kong

I'll be honest, I am not too familiar with the movie, King Kong but I would definitely buy a ticket to see that gorilla puppet in action.  This is a Broadway first and I think it will draw huge crowds consisting of technical theatre lovers as well as diehard movie fans.

5) Escape to Margaritaville

My parents said they might just have to see this show once it opens on Broadway, which is huge.  I've always wanted to experience Broadway with them and I will see anything they want.  But that is not the only reason I would love to see this show.  It sounds like pure fun and who doesn't love Jimmy Buffet?  I love a good jukebox musical and hope this one finds great success.

What shows are you excited about in 2018?

Break Legs,
Sydney



No comments:

Post a Comment